Monday, January 4, 2016

Red Winter Coat (Kelly)

It's warm out this morning, the dew point is climbing up; a light rain will come down at any moment.

Your lights on, I assume you hadn't step outside to walk your dog yet; it's so early.

I walked my dogs, on our usual morning route. My head looking up at the fading moon, mentally confirming positive hopes for my day. The eerie howl of the coyote startled me, afraid to go any further in the dark, I could almost see him, sitting in the middle of the lush green grass of hole number 9. Time to head back home.


Startled again, I had not, expected to see you, your red coat and your sad brown Shepard. Pausing at the street corner to look at me, looking at you. Swelled with the comfort of your presence, I whispered, under-breath "Good morning, I love you".

No comments:

Post a Comment